We offer a work environment unparalleled in Australia, complete with a studio full of highly talented highly trained professionals who share your passion for making world beating games.
Tantalus Media is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly, welcoming environment, where you'll be able to make a meaningful creative contribution to a talented and experienced team.
Applications for open positions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the appropriate job as the subject header.
Please do not apply for positions by post.
- Work closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement a next-generation game
- Implementing, optimizing and maintaining game systems
- Modify, enhance and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Follow Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assist and mentor other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Good familiarity with game engine architectures
- Familiarity with source control
- Write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated accurate scheduling ability
- Naturally work as part of a team
- Have completed a commercial project
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- Windows 10 development experience
- Good grasp of, and experience writing in, assembler dialects (e.g. MIPS, PowerPC, X86)
- Experience writing in shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- 3 years' games software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (i.e. PIX, RAD)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- A degree in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred. Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
Must be eligible to work in Australia (we cannot sponsor working visas).
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter attached, and include the words 'General May 2019' in the subject line of your email.